JLB Traffic Engineering, Inc. (JLB) is looking for Project Engineers interested in full-time positions with experience in traffic and civil engineering with a transportation background. JLB offers a positive and supportive environment where motivated traffic and transportation engineering professionals have opportunities to lead public works and private development projects working with other project engineers and directly under the direction of Mr. Jose Luis Benavides, P.E., T.E., JLB’s Principal. Project Engineers are responsible for: 1) traffic engineering, transportation planning and railroad pre-emption timing projects, 2) preparing traffic and parking impact studies, traffic index analysis, project specifications, construction/technical documents, proposals and budgets, 3) performing voltage drop calculations, 4) managing client relations, 5) attending meetings, 6) coordinating efforts of drafters and assistant engineers, 7) reviewing and revising calculations, construction documents and shop drawings, 8) analyzing reports, maps, studies, drawings, photos and other data to plan projects, 9) contacting/corresponding with clients, agencies and contractors, 10) organizing/producing project elements, 11) producing work product accurately and on time and 12) other duties that may be assigned.
- Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), AutoCAD, MicroStation, Rapid Plan, ParkCAD, TORUS, AutoTURN, Synchro, SIDRA and Cube
- Caltrans Standards and Specifications and the CA MUTCD
- Performing calculations and preparing construction documents
- Possess complete understanding and knowledge of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles including: traffic studies, parking studies, STOP warrants, signal warrants, signal timing and PS&E for traffic signals, flashing beacons, highway lighting, ramp metering, traffic monitoring stations, CCTV stations, vehicle classification stations, signal interconnect, pavement delineation, signage plans, etc.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Diligent and results-oriented
- Ability to use engineering judgement
- Assisting with proposals
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a civil engineering curriculum approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- California Professional Civil/Traffic Engineer’s License
- 5+ years of experience in traffic and transportation engineering projects
JLB offers competitive compensation DOE, comprehensive benefits, opportunities for professional development and a place for professionals to thrive. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to info@JLBtraffic.com.