JLB Traffic Engineering, Inc. (JLB) is looking for Engineering Aides interested in paid part-time positions. JLB offers a positive and supportive environment where motivated students can learn more about traffic and transportation engineering.
Engineering Aides work under the direction of JLB’s Principal, Mr. Jose Luis Benavides, P.E., T.E., and are responsible for: 1) drafting pavement delineation, temporary traffic control, sign, traffic signal, street lighting, traffic operations and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) plans in AutoCAD and Microstation, 2) ensuring plans meet the CAD standards of local agencies and Caltrans, 3) incorporating comments from both client reviews and JLB and 4) other duties that may be assigned.
- Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Interest in working on traffic and transportation engineering projects
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university in a civil engineering curriculum approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is desireable
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to info@JLBtraffic.com.
*JLB has open positions that consider candidates with greater or less experience, so all candidates are encouraged to apply.