JLB Traffic Engineering, Inc. (JLB) is looking for Engineering Technicians interested in part-time and full-time positions with experience creating civil and traffic engineering construction documents. JLB offers a positive and supportive environment where motivated traffic and transportation engineering professionals have opportunities to challenge themselves across a variety of client-oriented CAD platforms.
Engineering Technicians work under the direction of JLB’s Principal, Mr. Jose Luis Benavides, P.E., T.E., and are responsible for: 1) drafting pavement delineation, temporary traffic control, sign, traffic signal, street lighting, traffic operations and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) plans in AutoCAD and Microstation, 2) ensuring plans meet the CAD standards of local agencies and Caltrans, 3) incorporating comments from both client reviews and JLB and 4) other duties that may be assigned. (Work assigned to Traffic Engineering Technicians is considered qualifying by the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists for participation in registration examinations.)
- Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), AutoCAD, MicroStation, Rapid Plan, ParkCAD, TORUS, AutoTURN, Synchro, SIDRA and Cube
- Preparing traffic impact analysis and parking studies
- Drafting traffic engineering plans
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Interest in working on traffic and transportation engineering and parking projects
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a civil engineering curriculum approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Engineer-In-Training Certification is desireable
- 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD in a civil engineering environment
JLB offers competitive compensation DOE, comprehensive benefits, opportunities for professional development and a place for young professionals to thrive. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to info@JLBtraffic.com.
*JLB has open positions that consider candidates with greater or less experience, so all candidates are encouraged to apply.